Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
These pancakes are the perfect motivation to jump out of bed for breakfast on a snappy fall morning!
Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar (packed)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the milk, egg, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients (what’s in the second bowl) into the pumpkin mixture (the first bowl) until just combined.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place it on the stove on medium heat. Let it heat up for about 4 minutes.
- Scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter into the skillet. Depending on the size of the skillet, you can cook one, two, three or more pancakes at a time.
- When the pancake top begins to bubble, flip the pancake over with a spatula and brown on opposite side. It will take less time to cook on this side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.